July 15, 2012

盆踊り Bon Odori 2012

For Chinese culture, we celebrate Hungry Ghost Festival, aka Yu Lan during the 7th month of Chinese calendar..
Same goes to Japanese culture, they celebrate Bon Festival and ritual dance will be performed to worship their ancestors and spirits of the dead..
I don't really fancy crowded places (especially concert lol), but this year, me and boyfie tagged along with friends since so many them are going =]



Although yukata is kinda hard to wear on, especially the Obi part.. 4 layers of Obi wrapped around my waist, my belly had a really hard time, can't sit comfortably and I can't eat as much as I like lol..
But, I kinda like the after effect, i actually walk properly like a girl and it felt like the boyish of me disappeared for the moment haha..


I have forgotten what were we talking about, but it seems like we were talking something funny judging from our epic faces xD



The girl's team: me, Janice, Fuka-chan, Naoko-chan and Kanae-chan <3





As what we expected, there is a long queue before we could get our dinner..
People were pushing back and forth, squeezing and even cutting queue like hungry bears..
After queueing for almost 1 hour, we finally managed to get our dinner, and you know what, I really liked the Ika yaki and the Hotate rice! They were freshly grilled and cooked right in front of your eyes!

After dinner, finally the ritual performance~
It's so fun to see that audiences down the stage were holding hands and dancing together..
It can be seen that Malaysians do like Japanese culture huh.. =D





And lastly, a picture with the cameraman aka boyfie <3
Otsukare sama~~ for holding my heavy camera the whole time =]]]


Well, it would the end for today~
Looking forward for Bon Odori 2013 =D
By the way, school starts TOMORROW!! Why my holiday so short??  _| ̄|○
Good night everybody~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...